Visited with mom on my lunch break. Doctors had just finished up with an exam to check her throat and her being able to swallow. I guess they take a camera-thing and run it up her nose and down her throat and watch her swallow various types of food. They gave her something with blue dye in it. When I walked in her lips were blue and I got a bit concerned, wondering if her oxygen levels were high enough. I guess she did well enough because she says she gets to eat (chew) her breakfast tomorrow. Yum-yum. That's got to be high point for her this week.
Her stats were looking good this afternoon. She was in good spirits.
Dad, Bonnie & Brian were visiting her, too, while I was there. She was enjoying listening to her audio book, and trying to watch the movies I left for her.
Dad left her cell phone with her, but I, personally, would caution too many phone calls (nope, not a medical opinion....just my opinion). When she talks too much she doesn't get the oxygen she needs. I saw this first hand today. She gets tired and has to stop for a few minutes and just breath in the oxygen from her mask. I spoke to her on the phone and she kept moving the mask so she could talk. I'm pretty sure her doctors don't want her doing that too much, either. =o)
Hang in there momma. We love you! You're doing GREAT!!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment