Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mom was doing pretty good today. She said she was feeling a little bit stronger. She got up out of bed and did well. She felt like she lost a lot of ground the last few days having had to stay down because of her low blood count. Today she felt better, like she was moving forward again. She was sitting up doing her arm exercises when I visited her this afternoon.

She is going to be transferred tomorrow (Wednesday). She'll be going to Highland Care Center in Holladay. She thinks it'll happen in the afternoon. I also found out today that they've discontinued, for now, her dialysis treatments. Her kidneys are working! Yeah!! They'll be watching this and will re-evaluate later. I hope and pray that will be the last of her hospital visits for a long time.

My mom is so sweet and has so many people who love her. She would never bring this up, and would kick my behind (if she could), but I feel I have to. We're all grateful for everyone who has come to visit her. One little problem is that she's had so many visitors some days that she really hasn't had a lot of down time to rest. So, I'm asking that maybe we keep a few hours during the day blocked out for "nap time" or something to that effect. I'll follow up with her when she's settled at Highland C.C. and post something tomorrow evening. I know she won't want the visits to stop, but if we can keep the visits from streaming all day long - as they have been lately - she can have some time to rest during the day and build up her strength.

Again, we're all grateful for the love and concern shown to mom and our family. She is most definitely our angel mother who is loved by so many. Thank you, too, for your prayers on her behalf. They are still working.

Love to all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Grandma's bustin' out! You're going to be so close to me in Holladay!

    ReplyDelete