Mom is settled in at Highland Care Center. She feels like this is going to be really good. She's staying positive, which is great! She is in a room with another lady - her name is Afton (really nice).
She was eating her dinner this evening - they even brought dinner for dad. How nice is that? She said it was really good - so much better than the hospital food. She was doing a really good job on her dinner, too. All good news. Sophie even tried the chicken - she says it was "really good. mom, we need to go home and make some of that."
Mom was fitted with a temporary brace for her foot. She said she was doing pretty good today. She's still weak, but is getting a little stronger bit by bit every day. Afton, her roommate, was telling us tonight that the physical therapists really work with the patients, to get them strong so they can get home. Good to know.
I don't know what her PT schedule is yet, and neither does she. She definitely doesn't want her visits from everyone to stop. I think for now, she needs the companionship more than she needs to be left alone. I know she's trying to stay really strong and positive. I felt like she was trying to convince both of us today that it was going to be a really good thing being there. I know it will, but it must be hard being in a new, strange place with people you don't know.
Please continue to keep her in your prayers. She's come such a long way in the last three or four weeks, and she has a ways to go still.
Thanks!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Where is the new place located?
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the updates Sandy. I'm glad she seems to be doing so much better. Tell Grandma we are praying for her, but haven't been able to come see her since we have gotten sick and are passing it around.
ReplyDeleteIf you will post where the rehab center is located, we will come up when we are healthy again.
Thanks again!
Heather