Saw mom at lunch and after work. This afternoon she seemed to be feeling okay. She was a little nauseated from her lunch. They gave her something for it. She had her plasmapheresis this morning. Everything went well. Her nurse case worker came in and talked to mom and dad a bit. She said that mom may be moved out of ICU soon - a couple of days? Stay tuned.
Sophie and I stopped by after work to see mom. She was awake and watching a movie. They've begun turning mom on her side. She's developing a small sore on her backside (she'll be really happy I'm sharing this tidbit). She said she was nauseated again. I asked if it was from dinner. She said she hadn't eaten and didn't want to, and that she'd been nauseated most of the day. She said she thought it was because she wasn't getting up and walking. She's a little scared since falling down the other day. I told her that her nurses (all the male ones) are going to be really watching her to make sure that wouldn't happen again, and not to worry about that. The more important thing was to eat what she could, whenever she could so she can build up her strength.
Mom said that they are taking out the tubes in her neck and will be putting in another on on the other side of her neck, with something running under her skin with a port (or something) for the dialysis. They'll be doing this tomorrow morning. I'll have to get more info and update later. She'll also be having another dialysis treatment tomorrow.
I think that's all for today.
Until tomorrow.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment