Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mom had a full day of visitors. Cliff & Betty, Bonnie & Brian, Jenny, Stacie, Dad, Brian, Jon, Michelle, and me (forgive me if I left someone out - it's been a long day).

Dad, Brian, Jon, Michelle and I left mom at about 7pm. She was about the same all day long. Her oxygen levels were at about 40% all day. When we left they were up to 50%. Her PEP was up to 10, but that's still better than yesterday.

Michelle, the smarty-pants, brought in her Ensign to read to mom. Mom LOVED it. Michelle left it for anyone else who would like to read to mom. Bring anything else with you, if you'd like, to read to her. Michelle and I rubbed lotion on mom's hand and feet. Yes, that's "feet." She let me rub lotion on her bad foot. That's got to be a good sign. She loved the mini-massages (hint, hint - bring lotion).

Jenny even tried to teach her sign language....it will have to be an ongoing lesson. Mom wants to communicate so badly. It must be very frustrating for her not to be able to speak and tell you what she wants to say or what she needs. Jon and Jenny tried getting her to write something, but it wasn't really working. Oh well, we'll keep trying to figure something out.

Thank you for all the fasting and prayers. I know it's made a difference. I know she can feel your prayers for her, too.
She is grateful and loves you all.

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment