Mom said she was having a better day than the day before. She slept pretty good then when she woke up she was anxious again about PT. She said that PT went fairly well and they decided to do it only once daily for right now, until she gets a little stronger. I think that calmed her a bit. I visited her on my lunch hour (about 2pm) and she was napping. I didn't stay. I was sure she was exhausted.
Wednesday,
Mom was sitting in her chair. Jenny and Kacy were visiting when I came in. Mom had been sitting for a while she said. I noticed a sign on the wall that said something to the fact that they were limiting her fluids. I asked what that was about. I guess they were giving her saline iv's and she had been drinking quite a bit of water yesterday (ust as she was directed to). Apparently, she has too much fluid in her body now, which is throwing off her electrolytes. So now they're restricing her water intake and giving her salty foods...which is funny, since she's not eaten like that in years and years. They're trying to draw water out of her body now.
Anyway, she said that she had another good night's sleep and then when she woke up she started worrying about PT. I think she just has to get a few more days of PT under her belt and she'll feel better about it.
I just spoke with mom and she said she had a pretty good PT session. She said she even ate three meals today. Yay, mom. If she can eat really well, and not need the feeding tube for three days, they'll take it out. Keep your fingers crossed.
Keep her in your prayers, too.
Thanks.
Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. Check it out.

No comments:
Post a Comment