Sunday, March 22, 2009

mom takes a fieldtrip

Mom was able to attend the Draper temple dedication at the stake center.  She was looking forward to going and being able to see the inside of a church building again and many familiar loving faces. 
 
I just spoke with dad.  He said that they both really enjoyed the dedication and mom enjoyed being "out of her cell."  He said that there were a few folks from the ward that came over to say hi to them.  I know mom loved it.
 
After the dedication they took mom home for lunch.  Dad said she really had a hard time with the stairs in the garage.  Randy had to really support her going down into the garage.  She's got a lot of work to do to get her legs and knees strong enough to handle the stairs. 
 
They're back at the care center now.  I'm sure mom is wiped out.  I'm glad she was able to get out and attend the dedication.
 
Sophie and I haven't seen her much this week.  We're both fighting terrible colds, and we definitely do not want to share with her.
Mom told me that she had climbed 4 stairs in physical therapy on Friday and I could tell she was very proud of herself.  I'm sure she's feeling a bit discouraged from the "trial run" at home, but I know she'll work even harder now since she's had a teaser of being home, even if it was just for a visit.
 
Keep her in your prayers.
Thank you!


Get quick access to your favorite MSN content with Internet Explorer 8. Download FREE now!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful field trip! We are so proud of you, even a little progress is still progress.

    ReplyDelete